The FallFest was a great success. Here are just a few pictures – others can be found in the November newsletter.
CARD MAKING MINISTRY RETURNS
Come and join the fun on Mondays when the group will meet in the Still Building at 10:00 AM. We will make cards for BSLC Shut-Ins and two for personal use. A $5 contribution is asked to cover the cost of materials. Designs for the cards, all the materials needed, and step-by-step instructions for making the cards will be provided. No experience necessary!! First timers welcome!!!
Due to need for caution with the virus the number of participants will be limited to 8. Please RSVP to Joyce Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org; 517-317-2303) or sign up on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall by Sunday, September 19.
50 and counting!!! So far since February of this year the Beautiful Savior Quilters have lovingly sewn 50 individually unique and beautiful full-sized quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
They play to keep making quilts until the once-a-year pick up of quilts for LWR in February of 2022.
Hopefully they will have more than the 83 quilts which they sent to LWR this past February.
Anyone interested in helping the Quilters in their work is most welcome to come to the Wayman Stills Fellowship Hall on Thursdays between 10 a.m. and noon.
Bring a sack lunch to eat and visit together after quilting. See you then!
Reducing Stress by “Lightening Up!”
Written by Rich Bimler – Hope-Full Living
May these “hints of health” encourage us to share the Lord’s love and hope for all people, including yourself:
- Smile and laugh a lot. Remember, the Lord has Risen — Indeed—share that joy and hope with others through words and laughs and actions!
- Forgive people — beginning with yourself. Let those guilt feelings go. You are forgiven! Life is “for giving!”
- Meditate at least 20 minutes a day. Take the time to reflect and meditate. No need to always talk to Him. Listen to Him as well.
- Walk the talk, literally! The best exercise is to “walk with the Lord”! People who walk 4000 steps each day lower their blood pressure significantly. Ready, set, walk!
- Join a “Holy Huddle”. Your congregation is the best place to start. Find small groups to join as well. Where two or three are gathered…there He is!
- Affirm others. “Catch people doing things well.” Encourage on another, regularly! It is healthy to help others feel good about themselves.
- Ask for Help! A healthy person, a healthy couple, a healthy family are people and groups who ask for help!
Enjoy life in the Lord.
The SuperSeniorS thank all of you who support us.
The event we’ve all been waiting for is near! The SuperSeniorS will sponsor “ A Day of Thanksgiving” 🙏 at noon on Thursday, November 18th starring ⭐️ Joe Thayer and his family. Join your host “Tom” for a special day of food 🍗🧋, Gospel music 🎶 and Christian Fellowship 👨👩👧👦. Everyone of any age and your friends, neighbors and relatives are invited so please sign up on the Seniors board in the fellowship hall. 🧙♀️